Taqtile uses Docker containers to allow clients flexibility to install on premises or in their own hosting environments. This document helps answer some frequently asked questions and give helpful tips when installing an on-prem version of Manifest.
Docker set up and installation does require some expertise about docker and how it works. Below are a few articles that can help get you up to speed:
Manifest docker supports x86 based host systems for Windows, Linux or Mac
- Windows: https://docs.docker.com/desktop/windows/
- Mac: https://docs.docker.com/desktop/mac/install/
- Linux: https://docs.docker.com/desktop/linux/
IMPT! We do not have support for Kubernetes.
Tips From The Experts
Can’t find your IPv4 address to log into the device?
In the command prompt, type ipconfig and/or u URL https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-ip-address-windows-10/
What if I get a new license key for the on-prem deploy? What do I need to go?
If you receive an updated license key you need to make sure you “pull” in the new license key. Please follow these commands:
- docker-compose down
- docker-compose pull
- docker-compose up -d
What is the best way for IT to whitelist Manifest Connect?
Allow both your the IP of your domain and the firstname.lastname@example.org URL to be whitelisted by ones IT department. The firewall parameters are:
- outbound 80 and 443 to expertconnect.1.taqtile.com
- inbound 49152 – 65535 UDP from expertconnect.1.taqtile.com
How do I move upload files from docker volumes to host storage?
With docker compose launched, the easiest way to upload files from docker volumes to host storage is by the following command:
- docker cp [API_CONTAINER ID]:/uploads [PATH/TO/NEW/STORAGE]
- docker-compose restart
If I want to use my own SSL, how can I change them?
You can replace your certificate using this command in this terminal:
- sudo docker cp nginx-cert.key (web_container_id):/etc/ssl/private/nginx-cert.key
- sudo docker cp nginx-cert.crt (web_container_id):/etc/ssl/certs/nginx-cert.crt
- sudo docker container restart (web_container_id)
IMPT! The name on the SSL certificates MUST BE nginx-cert.key and nginx-cert.crt
How can I chance the SSL certificate if I want to use my own?
You can replace the two files in the certificate storage folder and restart the container by use the sudo docker container restart (web_container_id) command. IMPT! Names of the SSL certificate must be nginx-cert.key and nginx-cert.crt.
What I log into the HoloLens after the docker container is installed I receive a message that says “Check your Credentials”. What does that mean?
If you are having trouble logging into the 3D device and receiving the “Check your Credentials” message try to:
- Confirm you are entering in the correct IPv4 address
- Confirm that you are entering the correct Email and Password that you set in your docker-compose.yml file.
- Check your firewall on your machine
When I enter in my IP address into the Manifest login domain I receive the following message: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT, what should I do?
You might need to make sure that Port 80 is opened up on your PC for the docker to run properly. To confirm your Port 80 is open, please follow these steps:
- Select TCP
- Make sure all these Rules are checked: Domain, Private + Public
- Open System Preferences –> Security + Privacy –> Privacy –> Firewall –> Firewall Options
- Check Add
- Choose an application from the Applications folder and click Add
- Ensure that the option next to the application is set to Allow incoming connections
- Click OK
Did you the below error when trying to run docker?
If an error as show below appears when running docker it’s likely due to having the wrong docker settings on Windows. When using the Manifest compose file you need to use Linux containers versus Windows containers. For more information please visit here: https://docs.docker.com/desktop/windows/#switch-between-windows-and-linux-containers
Are you having trouble launching the Manifest Web Application?
If you are having issues launching the Manifest Web Application after installing docker please follow the below instructions:
- Double check that all your variables are populated with the correct information in your docker compose file
- Pull logs by entering docker-compose up in your terminal. Select Crtl A, open a text doc and then select Crtl C and paste the logs into this text doc
- Send the following information to email@example.com and attach: a.) docker compose file, b.) logs you just captured and c.) any relevant information and screen captures outlining the issues you are encountering
- Allow firstname.lastname@example.org to respond with additional troubleshooting ideas