About this release
Below you will find all the latest updates introduced with Manifest 2.5.115 and subsequent point releases – now available in the Magic Leap app store. This release focused on streamlining the application UI to optimize efficient workflows for each user, surfacing the most important and relevant information so users can quickly find what they need and to get to work.
2.5.115 was published to the Magic Leap app store on April 29, 2022
Important! Clients with On-premise configurations must update their docker installation for compatibility. To review the current Docker versions available and make sure all applications are running on a compatible version, please visit the article Manifest On-Premise Versioning.
For additional information on each new feature or improvement, visit Manifest User Guides for updated documentation.
Overview of what’s new
Get to work quicker with easy access to everything in your Dashboard! Users can see Recent Activity such as assigned Jobs and authored Templates, view a list of their favorite Assets, Asset Classes, Templates and Contacts, or use the My Jobs tab to get a list of their currently assigned incomplete Jobs. Users can also filter by a specific Location to be able to quickly find just what they need.
- The new Jobs window (formerly the Job Board) has been redesigned into a single window with the ability to view Jobs by Location and Job priority, and filter by Job Status, Open Faults on Jobs, and see a list of a user’s jobs with the My Jobs option.
- The Locations window now shows an image for each Location as well as new icons signifying if there are Alerts or Jobs with Open Faults at that location.
- The Location detail window now has a breakdown of the current Jobs by status, Jobs with Open Faults, and Alerts at that Location.
- There is also a new Assets tab which shows a list of Assets registered to that Location The Alerts window has been redesigned with a new layout and the ability to filter by Location. It also has been enhanced with updates for performance
- Various listings have been redesigned for additional information, visual clarity, and consistency. These include: Assets and Asset Classes, Locations, Templates, Jobs, Meters, and Measurements
- In addition to Locations, users now have the ability to ‘favorite’ and ‘unfavorite’ Assets, Asset Classes, Templates, and both users and group Chats for Connect
- When creating a Job from a Template opened from an Asset Class or the Dashboard, users can now create the Job and be prompted to select the Asset they will be working on.
- Made many improvements to the Guided Tutorial functionality and added the ability to re-run the tutorial from the Settings window. The tutorial can now also be run on any domain, provided it has the necessary content.
- Added a page count to many lists throughout the application so the user can clearly see where they are in the list of items
Fixed in 2.5
- Fixed some connection issues when connecting to video calls which improve reliability of the connection process as well as making the connection process faster
- Fixed issues with Sharing Jobs and improved the flow of the share process
- Added additional error messaging to many aspects of the Manifest application, and in many cases gave the option to retry the operation
- Fixed some issues with incorrect or confusing messaging around logging in
- Added more robust error handling when running a job, which should result in less states where the application gets ‘stuck’ and the job has to be paused and unpaused, or completely closed and reopened in order to continue
- Added more error handling when working with 3D Models which should improve reliability and prevent the application from getting in situations where it appears to be stuck in loading
- Added additional fixes for support of various formatting that can be applied through the Web Portal
- Fixed issues when resyncing Assets and Templates that could cause application instability
- Windows that have the ability to filter by Location now save what Location has been most recently viewed for that Window. This is maintained both in the current application session as well as across sessions (on that device)
- Fixed and updated various labels through the application for clarity and to fix grammatical errors
- Fixed various issues where labels could appear while loading data from the server
- Fixed issues in various windows with colors of text not matching
- Fixed issues with Pen Notes during authoring or leaving evidence
- Fixed issues where the Play/Pause buttons could show up in Model controls even if there were no animations on that Model
- Fixed issues with the Diagnostics functionality
- Fixed issues with Templates not being saved in authoring if the Template Authoring window has been minimized
- Fixed issues with Meters not showing their correct state on the Asset Meters tab
- Fixed various issues related to completing an Embedded or Choice Job and returning to the parent Job