About this release
Below you will find all the latest updates introduced with Manifest 2.1 – now available in the Microsoft Store. Along with various enhancements and fixes, the Manifest 3D 2.1 release launches new features in Manifest Connect – including the ability to create group chats and send Voice Notes. To learn more about the expansive set of changes and new features, read below.
2.1 was published to the Microsoft Store on July 28, 2020
For additional information on each new feature or improvement, visit Manifest User Guides for updated documentation.
Overview of what’s new
General Feature Enhancements
- You can now edit Team Job assignments or invite additional team members at any time (even after a job has started).
- New option to leave Pen Notes as evidence (or require it for any step). This is ideal for inspection scenarios using Manifest and allows an inspector to leave spatial annotations with a step note for your review.
- We’ve added a Battery Status indicator (just below the Command Strip). This might help if you’re running low on juice and need to power back up before you start a big job.
- If you make a Connect Support Request (calling out from a job step marker), the job card now automatically adds to your chat so the other user can reference the job firsthand.
- Group Chat in Manifest Connect! Create a group chat to collaborate with multiple contacts. Team Jobs will automatically generate a group chat so you can track and communicate updates throughout the job. This feature does not include call/video option.
- Send Voice Notes via Manifest Connect
Fixed in 2.1
- Fixed Issue where more than 3 notes would leave blank spaces
- Fixed issue limiting entries on step title to 50 chars
- Fixed issue on HoloLens 2 where spatial mapping could block UI interaction while authoring
- Adjusted where Job Name is displayed on Job Checklist and added Job ID
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements