About Client Settings
The Client Settings in the Manifest Web Application is located in the top right-hand corner under the gear icon. What can be configured under Client Setting depends on the role assigned to a specific user. These include:
- Admin Role: Profile, Custom Message Configurations, Authentication Configurations, Server Configuration, IoT Settings, Object Reference Settings & Azure Remote Rendering
- Security Admin: Profile, Password Security Rules, Custom Message Configuration, Authentication Configuration, Server Configuration, IoT Settings, Dynamics CRM Integration, Object Reference Settings & Azure Remote Rendering
- Author Role: Does not have access to Client Settings
- Operator Role: Does not have access to Client Settings
- Viewer Role: Does not have access to Client Settings
Profile settings, accessible only to users with the Security Admin or Admin roles allows configuration of both the client’s name and company logo.
- Client Name: The company name entered here will be displayed on the Manifest Web Application login page and display the company name in the End User License Agreement (EULA) text
- Company Logo: The logo that is uploaded in this area will be displayed on the Welcome page when logging into the 3D Application and show when sharing Templates to the Marketplace area.
- Acceptable formats include .png and .jpeg files
Password Security Rules
The user with the Security Administrator role can configure or edit password security rules. Various enhanced security parameters can be configured and include:
- Prevent Re-use of Usernames: When this setting is enabled, a deleted user’s email cannot be re-added within a configurable number of days, hours and/or minutes
- Session Timeout: When a session timeout is configured, the user will be automatically logged out of the Manifest application after a configurable amount of idle time
- Enable Two Factor Authentication: If 2FA is enabled then any user that logs into the Manifest web application for the first time will be required to configure and use two-factor authentication
- Force to Reset Password: This can be enabled to require users to change their passwords after a configurable number of days
- Password Requirements:
- Minimum Length: A required and configurable minimum password length
- Minimum Change of Characters: A required and configurable minimum number of characters that must change from the previous password.
- Number Of Old Passwords to Compare With: A configurable number of old passwords which will be compared when users are resetting a password to prevent old password usage
- At Least One Number: A toggle setting requiring a user to include at least one number in their password.
- At Least One Lowercase: A toggle setting requiring a user to include at least one lowercase letter in their password.
- At Least One Uppercase: A toggle setting requiring a user to include at least one uppercase letter in their password.
- Not Contain Username: A toggle setting preventing a user from using their username as their password.
- Password Requirements:
Custom Message Configurations
Custom Message Configurations is an area where you can customize the Welcome Message, EULA and include a Field of View Custom message configurations enable the customization of the Welcome message, EULA and display a Field of View message in the head mounted device.
- Default Welcome Message – Toggling “User Override Allowed” enables the customization of the default Welcome message that appears when users log into the Manifest 3D application. There is a 180-character limit (note: this message will only be seen by users of the Manifest 3D application and is not available in other Manifest apps)
- Enterprise EULA – When the EULA is enabled, it will display on the Login page of the Manifest Web Application. In order to proceed with login, users must read and agree to the EULA. The EULA is independent of the Taqtile, Inc. EULA and is meant to be customized to suit the specific needs of each customer. An example would be if the information within the domain is privileged and confidential and users must agree to the terms before logging in
- Field of View Messaging – When Field of View messaging is enabled, users of the Manifest 3D application will see a message that will be persistently displayed in their field of view (note: this message will only be seen by users of the Manifest 3D application and is not available in other Manifest apps)
The Authentication Configuration area provides users the ability to set up single sign-on services to make signing into the Manifest platform easier. For more information on the different authentication platforms Manifest supports, please check out the following articles:
- Authentication login using Microsoft Active Directory
- Authentication login using SAML
- Authenticating login using Google Cloud OIDC
The Server Configuration area provides you the ability to add your own STUN/TURN server credentials to use with Manifest Connect. Also, by default, Taqtile’s STUN/TURN server credentials should have been already set up, so you can use Manifest Connects audio/video calling features without any additional configuration.
The IoT Settings area enabled by Administrator Security Admins to integrate IoT data with APIs. This provides the ability to integrate real-time data from IoT sensors so that workers can view this data while performing Manifest work instructions.
For more information on integrating IoT with Manifest Meters and Measurements please see this article.
Dynamics CRM Integration
The Dynamics 365 CRM connector is used to programmatically update and share Manifest data. This connector was specifically designed to be used with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. The intended use of this connector is to enable Manifest Jobs to be assigned to specific individuals using work orders created in Dynamics. When the Job is completed with Manifest, the work orders in Dynamics are then automatically updated.
These settings are used to configure this connector.
- Dynamics Tenant
- Dynamics Resource
- Dynamics Client Id
- Dynamics Client Secret
- Dynamics User Email
- Dynamics User Password
Object Reference Settings
Object Reference Settings is where you set the size of the QR Code and Step Alignment Tag Size what is used in the Manifest 3D application to spatially anchor content. This is a global setting. The recommended size is 56 mm, and it will default to this size. It Object Reference Settings enable the size of the QR Code and Step Alignment Tag to be configured. These tags are used to spatially anchor content. This is a global setting. The recommended and default size is 56 mm is also recommended that the size of the QR code is not smaller than 46 mm or larger than 190 mm.
Remote Rendering Configurations
Remote Rendering Configurations is an area where a company’s Azure Remote Rendering account is configured and stored so that models can be uploaded and rendered using that account credentials.