About this release
Below you will find all the latest updates introduced with Manifest 2.5 and subsequent point releases – now available in the Microsoft Store. This release focused on streamlining the application UI to optimize efficient workflows for each user, surfacing the most important and relevant information so users can quickly find what they need and to get to work.
2.5 was published to the Microsoft Store on March 1, 2022
Important! Clients with On-premise configurations must update their docker installation for compatibility. To review the current Docker versions available and make sure all applications are running on a compatible version, please visit the article Manifest On-Premise Versioning.
For additional information on each new feature or improvement, visit Manifest User Guides for updated documentation.
Overview of what’s new
Get to work quicker with easy access to everything in your Dashboard! Users can see Recent Activity such as assigned Jobs and authored Templates, view a list of their favorite Assets, Asset Classes, Templates and Contacts, or use the My Jobs tab to get a list of their currently assigned incomplete Jobs. Users can also filter by a specific Location to be able to quickly find just what they need.
- The new Jobs window (formerly the Job Board) has been redesigned into a single window with the ability to view Jobs by Location and Job priority, and filter by Job Status, Open Faults on Jobs, and see a list of a user’s jobs with the My Jobs option.
- The Locations window now shows an image for each Location as well as new icons signifying if there are Alerts or Jobs with Open Faults at that location.
- The Location detail window now has a breakdown of the current Jobs by status, Jobs with Open Faults, and Alerts at that Location.
- There is also a new Assets tab which shows a list of Assets registered to that Location The Alerts window has been redesigned with a new layout and the ability to filter by Location. It also has been enhanced with updates for performance
- Various listings have been redesigned for additional information, visual clarity, and consistency. These include: Assets and Asset Classes, Locations, Templates, Jobs, Meters, and Measurements
- In addition to Locations, users now have the ability to ‘favorite’ and ‘unfavorite’ Assets, Asset Classes, Templates, and both users and group Chats for Connect
- When creating a Job from a Template opened from an Asset Class or the Dashboard, users can now create the Job and be prompted to select the Asset they will be working on.
- Made many improvements to the Guided Tutorial functionality and added the ability to re-run the tutorial from the Settings window. The tutorial can now also be run on any domain, provided it has the necessary content.
- Added a page count to many lists throughout the application so the user can clearly see where they are in the list of items
Fixed in 2.5
- Fixed some connection issues when connecting to video calls which improve reliability of the connection process as well as making the connection process faster
- Fixed issues with Sharing Jobs and improved the flow of the share process
- Added additional error messaging to many aspects of the Manifest application, and in many cases gave the option to retry the operation
- Fixed some issues with incorrect or confusing messaging around logging in
- Added more robust error handling when running a job, which should result in less states where the application gets ‘stuck’ and the job has to be paused and unpaused, or completely closed and reopened in order to continue
- Added more error handling when working with 3D Models which should improve reliability and prevent the application from getting in situations where it appears to be stuck in loading
- Added additional fixes for support of various formatting that can be applied through the Web Portal
- Fixed issues when resyncing Assets and Templates that could cause application instability
- Windows that have the ability to filter by Location now save what Location has been most recently viewed for that Window. This is maintained both in the current application session as well as across sessions (on that device)
- Fixed and updated various labels through the application for clarity and to fix grammatical errors
- Fixed various issues where labels could appear while loading data from the server
- Fixed issues in various windows with colors of text not matching
- Fixed issues with Pen Notes during authoring or leaving evidence
- Fixed issues where the Play/Pause buttons could show up in Model controls even if there were no animations on that Model
- Fixed issues with the Diagnostics functionality
- Fixed issues with Templates not being saved in authoring if the Template Authoring window has been minimized
- Fixed issues with Meters not showing their correct state on the Asset Meters tab
- Fixed various issues related to completing an Embedded or Choice Job and returning to the parent Job
Point release updates for 2.5
2.5.1 was published to the Microsoft Store on March 28, 2022
In this release we focused on correcting issues and improving the functionality of working and authoring offline, while also adding some improvements to the user experience and fixing some issues that arose from the 2.5.0 release.
- fixed issues with the Personal Dashboard while in offline mode
- fixed a number of issues where the client would attempt to send requests to the manifest api while offline
- fixed issues where the resync functionality of Offline Authoring could cause application instability
- fixed issues where some error messaging was not working correctly while offline
- fixed issues where some files for an asset class would not be downloaded correctly or redownloaded when deleted if the asset class was already included in the work package
- fixed issues where 3D models may not correct display while offline
- fixed issues where 3D model animation names would not be included in offline data, which could impact offline authoring
- fixed issues that could occur of the operator took work offline on multiple domains on the same device
- fixed issues where the Search window would not correctly show Assets while offline
- fixed issues where multiple error messages could appear while offline
- fixed issues with leaving Pen evidence while in offline mode
- fixed issues where removing a Job from the Work Package could leave embedded or choice job data in the work package
- Model Setup is now disabled while offline since this functionality would not be synced to the server when logging back in
User Interface improvements
- improved the choice note selection interface. this now appears to the right of the marker (similar to other evidence) and no longer conflicts with leaving evidence on that step
- added a “Report Bug” button to error popups which allows the user to automatically fill out a bug report that can then be sent to the Manifest support team
- made improvements to the login window to give better direction regarding the eula and setting the domain
- tapping on the Profile Picture on the sidebar while the Welcome window is showing over the Personal Dashboard will now leave the Dashboard open and close the Welcome window
Performance and Stability improvements
- improved the functionality for calling another user by using the connect button on a job step
- fixed a number of memory related issues that could impact the application’s stability
- made changes that should improve the performance of loading OBJ 3d models and improve application stability
- fixed an issue in which the Session Expired popup would not show correctly in some cases
- fixed some issues with various model animation dropdowns
- improved some error messaging for particular network issues
- using the Pause and Play functionality on the Model Control Panel or Model Info window no longer resets the model to the beginning of the animation
2.5.2 was published to the Microsoft Store on April 5, 2022
- Corrected an issue where the Bug Corrected an issue that could prevent the application from correctly logging into a domain specified with a custom address (IP address or fully qualified URL) unless the address included the “https://” scheme (*On-Premise users please note)
- Dictation is now correctly not allowed while in Offline mode
2.5.3 was published to the Microsoft Store on April 7, 2022
- Corrected an issue where the Bug Report feature was broken in 2.5.1.
2.5.5 was published to the Microsoft Store on June 6, 2022
- Fixed an issue in which Working Together job step handoffs would not appear correctly in the group chat
- Users who are not Operators now appear in the Connect list when selecting to call a user from the Step Marker
- Fixed an issue where if a Job was created on the web and the 3D user was then invited, they would not be added to the group chat for the job
- Fixed an issue where after inviting a user to the group chat, the icon to edit the users in the chat could disappear
- Disabled the Welcome screen while in Offline mode
- Fixed the Location window not working while in Offline mode
- Team jobs now correctly show the team job icon in the list of recent activity
- Fixed display issues with Meter listings in the Asset window
- Fixed an issue where the Meter listings in the Asset window would not show the correct date
- Fixed an issue where the dropdown arrow on Meters would appear even if there were no details to show in the dropdown
- Fixed an issue where the Meter info could go outside of the box if the data was very long
- 3D Models are no longer hidden when adjusting the tag
- While on premises, the 3D client will no longer ping the global internet to determine connection status
- Fixed an issue in which canceling an edit request on the web would not correctly hide the request prompt on the 3D device
- Fixed an issue where the Open Faults filter on the Jobs window wasn’t working
- Fixed an issue where the page count on the Assets tab of the Location window would not update correctly
- Fixed an issue where hiding the dock while the Welcome screen was visible could cause visual corruption in the window when it is unhidden
- Fixed an issue where minimizing the Welcome screen could cause visual corruption in the window when it is maximized again
- Fixed an issue in which choice information could be not displayed correctly on resynched (or completed) offline jobs that had choices done while offline
- Fixed an issue where devices set to a region using commas, rather than decimals, may cause a crash when interpreting 3D Model adjustments