About this release
Below you will find all the latest updates introduced with Manifest 2.8 and subsequent point releases – now available in the Microsoft Store. This release provides a new end-to-end Fault workflow for identifying and documenting faults and introduces a new work item, Tasks for managing the remediation and resolution of faults.
2.8 was published to the Microsoft Store on July 31, 2023
Important! Clients with On-premise configurations must update their docker installation for compatibility. Manifest 3D v. 2.8 is compatible with the Docker version 2.8. Review this article for more information Manifest v2.8 Updates & Changes.
For additional information on each new feature or improvement, visit Manifest User Guides for updated documentation. Additional information about the new Fault system and cross-platform capabilities – check out the article About Faults.
Overview of what’s new
Fault management just got a major upgrade!
The new Fault system has been developed so that Faults can be added, tracked, and managed independently from Jobs and procedures. So, several UI changes have been implemented to support this new capability. Read below for the list of some of those updates:
- New UI to Fully document and describe a Fault when flagging it has been added by providing a Fault description, and Fault Notes which could include 3D Pen Notes, text, photos, videos and audio recordings.
- Faults can be spatially positioned over an area or Asset, making it easier for users to quickly identify and address issues.
- A new work item, Task, has been introduced that can be used to create and assign non-procedural work items and can be associated with a specific Fault.
- A new organizational element, Work, has also been introduced and generally refers to both Jobs (Manifest procedural Templates associated with specific Assets and Locations) and Tasks (new non-procedural work items that can be assigned and track independently).
- Changes to enabling spatially place Faults over the Asset or environment so that workers can easily locate equipment with Faults and the specific locations of faults, as well as all the associated data.
- UI now supports adding a Fault to the Asset, in addition to the ability to add Faults during a Job.
- When Faults are added during a Job, the Job ID and Step will be recorded on the Fault.
- UI to support adding a Job or Task to a Fault to require additional work and then keep track of the Open Work Items for Faults.
- Easily and quickly view the Faults for any Asset. Find the desired Asset and from the Asset Details, view a list of any Faults (Open and Resolved). Users can view AR Fault Markers directly over the Asset along with any leader lines pointing to the issue, or 3D Pen Notes. This also includes a historical record of Faults associated with a specific Asset.
- View Fault meta data, from a listing or AR Marker. Fault data includes the date/time the Fault was added, who created the Fault, the Job + Step the Fault was added from (if applicable), a Fault description, and any associated Notes or Work.
- Resolve Faults after issues have been addressed. When The Fault is marked as “Resolved”, the date/time and user who resolved the Fault are both recorded.
Additional Features and Updates
- Configure Fault Notes: Administrators can define what note types should be available and/or required when a user creates a Fault.
- Fault Note Value Lists: Administrators can define custom value lists for users to select from when adding a new Fault.
- Tasks are new! View, Assign, Share, Complete a Task
- It’s not just Jobs anymore, it’s “Work”: With the addition of Tasks, we now have 2 work types users can utilize to create and track their work. As a result, you’ll find that menus and various labels throughout the applications have been changed from Jobs TO Work.
- Updated Work Filters: We’ve updated the filters in both the Dashboard and Work windows to now include Tasks. We’ve also added the option for users to filter any Work windows to show only “My Work” by the tap of a new toggle button. (e.g. Dashboard- My Work, Work, Asset Work and Work History lists)
- View Fault Flags on the Asset Listing: Whether an Asset is on your Favorited list or in your Dashboard Recent Activity, Search Results, or viewed as a list of Assets at a Location, the Fault flag will display on the Asset Listing – signaling with a quick glance if there’s an issue.
Point release update for 2.8
2.8.1 was published to the Microsoft Store on August 11, 2023.
In this release we focused on several bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue in which the tutorial would not appear for new users
- Fixed an issue in which Search could not show Assets in the search results
- Fixed an issue that could cause an error when showing the Alerts window
- Fixed an issue that could cause certain Model Views to not show correctly