About this release
Below you will find all the latest updates introduced with Manifest 2.5 – now available in the Apple App Store. In this latest release, we’ve completely revamped the Job interface. Whether you are previewing a Template, executing a Job, or reviewing work completed by other Operators – this new layout will make it easy and efficient to follow the step-by-step instructions of any procedure. Please see below for more details about these new Manifest features.
2.5 was published to the Apple App Store on March 20, 2023
Clients with On-premise configurations are not required to update their docker installation for compatibility. To review the current Docker versions available and make sure all applications are running on compatible version, please visit the article Manifest On-Premise Versioning.
Overview of what’s new
New Job Design
Below are just some of the changes and improvements you’ll find with the new Job UI:
- Two view modes, one with full Job details and a scrollable list of steps; the other which focuses on one step at a time and utilizes the full screen for the camera to display AR content
- In both view modes, Step notes such as Images, Videos, PDF Documents, and Text – are much larger and can be swiped through when viewing multiple notes on a Step
- Steps display an AR icon when there are spatially authored Markers and annotations available, and a ‘Switch to AR’ toggle makes it simple for Operators to move between 2D and 3D content with ease
- We’ve conveniently positioned large call to action buttons for completing a Step, navigating to a Sub-Job, and adding evidence or fault notes within thumbs reach
- In additional to self-assigning Jobs, users will now be able to assign Jobs to other Operators directly from the iPad (previously only available on the Web application)
- We’ve moved access to ‘Author in AR’ to the Templates window – available under Asset Management
- AR Mode has been removed from the main menu
- The in-App Manifest Tutorial has been updated to reflect these recent changes – check it out (under Settings -> About) for a brief tour
- Team Job Setup is not supported in version 2.5 but will be available in an upcoming release
Point release updates for 2.5
2.5.1 was published to the Apple App Store on May 1, 2023
In this release we added support for Team Jobs along with several bug fixes and improvements.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- The “Required” label now disappears from the Evidence Note list when required evidence is added
- Reassign Job option is now available from a Sub-Job (unless it’s a Team Job)
- Operator now has the option to scan the Asset Tag when beginning a Sub-Job associated to a new Asset
- Fixed an issue where the ‘unread message’ count would appear when there were no unread messages