About this release
Below you will find all the latest updates introduced with Manifest 2.8 and subsequent point releases – now available in the Apple App Store. This release provides a new end-to-end Fault workflow for identifying and documenting faults and introduces a new work item, Tasks, for managing the remediation and resolution of faults.
2.8 was published to the Apple App Store on Aug 2, 2023
Important! Clients with On-premise configurations must update their docker installation for compatibility. Manifest 3D v. 2.8 is compatible with the Docker version 2.8. Review this article for more information Manifest v2.8 Updates & Changes.
For additional information on each new feature or improvement, visit Manifest User Guides for updated documentation. Additional information about the new Fault system and cross-platform capabilities – check out the article About Faults.
Overview of what’s new
Fault management just got a major upgrade!
The new Fault system has been developed so that Faults can be added, tracked, and managed independently from Jobs and procedures. So, several UI changes have been implemented to support this new capability. Read below for the list of some of those updates:
- New UI to Fully document and describe a Fault when flagging it has been added by providing a Fault description, and Fault Notes which could include 3D Pen Notes, text, photos, videos and audio recordings.
- Faults can be spatially positioned over an area or Asset, making it easier for users to quickly identify and address issues.
- A new work item, Task, has been introduced that can be used to create and assign non-procedural work items and can be associated with a specific Fault.
- A new organizational element, Work, has also been introduced and generally refers to both Jobs (Manifest procedural Templates associated with specific Assets and Locations) and Tasks (new non-procedural work items that can be assigned and track independently).
- Changes to enabling spatially place Faults over the Asset or environment so that workers can easily locate equipment with Faults and the specific locations of faults, as well as all the associated data.
- UI now supports adding a Fault to the Asset, in addition to the ability to add Faults during a Job.
- When Faults are added during a Job, the Job ID and Step will be recorded on the Fault.
- UI to support adding a Job or Task to a Fault to require additional work and then keep track of the Open Work Items for Faults.
- Easily and quickly view the Faults for any Asset. Find the desired Asset and from the Asset Management screen, view a list of any Faults (Open and Resolved). Users can view AR Fault Markers directly over the Asset along with any leader lines pointing to the issue, or 3D Pen Notes. This also includes a historical record of Faults associated with a specific Asset.
- View Fault meta data, from a listing or AR Marker. Fault data includes the date/time the Fault was added, who created the Fault, the Job + Step the Fault was added from (if applicable), a Fault description, and any associated Notes or Work.
- Resolve Faults after issues have been addressed. When The Fault is marked as “Resolved”, the date/time and user who resolved the Fault are both recorded.
Additional Features and Updates
- Configure Fault Notes: Administrators can define what note types should be available and/or required when a user creates a Fault.
- Fault Note Value Lists: Administrators can define custom value lists for users to select from when adding a new Fault.
- Tasks are new! View, Assign, Share, Complete a Task
- It’s not just Jobs anymore, it’s “Work”: With the addition of Tasks, we now have 2 work types users can utilize to create and track their work. As a result, you’ll find that menus and various labels throughout the applications have been changed from Jobs TO Work.
- Updated Work Filters: We’ve updated the filters in both the Dashboard and Work windows to now include Tasks. We’ve also added the option for users to filter any Work windows to show only “My Work” by the tap of a new toggle button. (e.g. Dashboard- My Work, Work, Asset Work and Work History lists)
Point release updates for 2.8
2.8.1 was published to the Apple App Store on September 29, 2023.
This release is an expansion of the Fault and Task features, as outlined below:
- Added ability to spatially position an AR Fault Marker
- Added a view of Faults from the Asset detail (under the Asset Management tab)
- Added the ability to open the AR view from the Asset Faults List to view any spatially placed Faults and notes over an Asset
- Users can now add a Fault directly to an Asset (formerly only available from a Job Step)
- Select a Fault listing to view all the Fault details, including any associated Work
- Users can now add Faults during a Job when working offline
- Added the option to download Tasks to an Offline Work Package to complete when working offline
Additional updates & improvements:
- Minor updates to the AR view with menu options for Faults, Meters, and Templates now available in the upper left-hand corner when viewing an Asset in AR Mode
- The Tutorial is updated to reflect all updates in version 2.8
2.8.2 was published to the Apple App Store on November 7, 2023.
This release includes additional improvements and bug fixes, primarily around the Faults and Tasks.
- Added more data to the Work Items listed in the Fault detail window
- Tapping on an associated Work Item listed in the Fault detail window will open the Job or Task
- Added the ability to open a Fault in AR view from the Fault detail window
- Added ability to Reassign a Task
- Fixed a bug that would rotate the 3D model when loading it as a Job Action Note
- Fixed a bug where an error would return if the user opened a 3D model in AR Mode while previewing a Template
- Various additional bug fixes and improvements
2.8.3 was published to the Apple App Store on December 19, 2023.
This release includes additional improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug where the AR Meter Note was not showing during a Job when it was set as an Action Note
- Fixed a bug where the Asset Class name did not display in the Template preview
- Fixed a bug where a Fault recorded in an Offline Job was not updating to the Job once synced to the server
- Added improvements for the Team Job Setup (displaying real-time updates)
- Added improvements to show real-time updates related to Faults within the application and across other platforms
- Various additional bug fixes and improvements