About this release
We have just updated the Manifest Web Application to add more support for spatial content when using a PC and a web browser. Using a 3D model, users will now be able to locate Asset Tags, the key reference point for any spatially located content, and a key initial step. Users will also be able to add spatially anchored AR content such as Step Markers, Leader Lines, and Pen Notes directly from the PC. This will make documenting procedures with Manifest even faster. It is hard to beat the efficiency of a keyboard and mouse when creating step-by-step instructions. In addition, users will no longer need to move between the PC and headsets or iPads when configuring, creating, and placing spatial content. Admins, that often don’t have convenient access to a headset, will be able to place an Asset Tag when configuring an Asset Class and incorporating a 3D model during their initial configuration on a PC, previously not possible. At the same time, using a 3D model to create and configure the spatial content also greatly decreases the dependency of equipment availability so scheduling downtime or traveling is no longer a requirement.
This all nets out to a more streamlined experience making it easier and faster to leverage Manifest for spatial computing.
For additional information on each new feature or improvement, visit Manifest User Guides for updated documentation.
Overview of what’s new
General Feature Enhancements
- NEW (2022) 3D authoring tool now allows Authors to add Step Markers, leader lines, Pen Notes, and shapes in the 2D environment with the Manifest Web Application.
- Eliminated extra clicks when performing a job with embedded templates
- Redesign of the adding pen notes block within templates to accommodate for the ability to now add pen notes in 2D using the new 3D authoring tool
- Fixed a bug where the QR code would default back to 46mm vs. the recommended 56mm
- Fixed a bug where you can run a team job that isn’t locked
- Fixed a bug where when creating an Asset while performing a job that goes to a sub-job the cancel button wouldn’t work
- Fixed a bug where long text could wrap properly
- Fixed a bug where when you enter in the wrong Remote Rendering credentials you get no message
- Fixed a bug where the job count on the home page dashboard was incorrect
- Fixed a bug where if a team job is assigned to a user that isn’t the Team Captain – it says the choice step note is not assigned to them
- Fixed a bug where custom dropdowns where overlapping with one another